Deck Plans To Hold Hot Tub. How To Build
Your deck might only have one fastener and multiples are needed to support the weight of you hot tub. Then you need to place new joists against the existing ones for extra support. Using a clamp, you can hold the joists before you fasten them together.... building a deck platform to support hot tub. 8000lb live load, 49 sq ft hot tub (7X7), ~160 psf live load plus 20 psf dead load. thinking of having 3 beams underneath hot tub, double 2X12 southern pine, spanning 6', supported on each end by footings and 6X6 posts. 2X10 joists 12" on center running across the beams. will this hold the hot tub?
Building A Deck To Hold A Hot Tub YouTube
A Hot Tub Deck Design Should Be Engineered to Stand Up With 8,000 lbs of hot water and people your hot tub deck design had better be engineered to stand up to the test or it could be disasterous. I have received a lot of emails from visitors asking us how to actually design and calculate the loads and forces that a typical hot tub exerts on a deck.... If you are building a deck for a hot tub, there are a number of things to consider. The deck must be secure, but also needs to look attractive as it will be in a prominent place in your back yard. The deck must be secure, but also needs to look attractive as it will be in a prominent place in your back yard.
Pro Deck Installation Tip How to Make Your Hot Tub and
12/12/2018 · Building A Deck To Hold A Hot Tub Design. Loading... Unsubscribe from Design? Why are our purchasers at Ensleigh purchased a new build townhouse - … how to know when your tumblr blog was created The hot tub measures: 93" x 93" x 40"D with a 1,200 lb dry weight, and 500 gallon water capacity. Your proposed deck specs are: 16' x 16' overall size with 6" x 6" Posts on 8' centers (6 of them located in the middle and outside edge of the deck); (2)2x12 beams (on middle and outside edge). The part that is fixed to the house is hung with joist hangers only (2x10" joists on 16" centers). The
Can My Deck Support A Four Person Hot Tub? Decksgo.com
If you plan to build your spa into the deck, it may seem best to drop it into the deck so that the rim of the tub sits on the decking. Unfortunately, this makes it easy for people to fall in or step on the cover, and also complicates getting into the tub. The ideal arrangement is to set the spa partially into the deck so the rim is 17 to 24 inches above the decking. That way, bathers can sit how to find an unlisted youtube video 20/09/2015 · I used a jig saw to round the corners of the 2x6 decking at the rounded corners of the hot tub. a 2x6 rail was added 4 feet above the decking. This is used to attached the fence boards around the entire deck for safety and privacy. Each board used a small nail as a spacer. The deck boards shrink over time so this has since then caused spacing between boards of about 1/4".
How long can it take?
Strengthening a Deck For a Hot Tub Decksgo.com
- Deck Loads For Hot Tub? Fine Homebuilding Breaktime
- Compiling a Smart Deck Hot Tub Plan Barrel Hot Tubs
- Can I build a deck around my hot tub? The Hot Tub Store
- Building A Deck To Hold A Hot Tub YouTube
How To Build A Deck To Hold A Hot Tub
And how to make an easy and cheap deck for a hot tub. A simple tutorial for a fast and easy DIY deck on a budget. If you could get all the spa parts in your car, there's a good chance it's big enough to hold the deck materials as well. Time to get to work. We didn't want to spend a fortune on the deck, so it is built out of 10 8-foot pressure treated 2x4's with 17-standard 8-foot deck
- The easiest way place to install a new spa is on an existing structure that is already perfectly level like a well-built wooden deck. People often worry about the structural integrity of their deck and if it can support the tremendous weight a a full hot tub.
- Compiling a Smart Deck Hot Tub Plan If you want to build your own deck for a hot tub , coming up with a good plan before you start building is essential. If the deck will be ornamental and won't have to support the weight of your hot tub, you have a lot of options.
- 17/08/2004 · I did get in contact with a local hot-tub supplier and it seems that they typcially put the tub on a slab on grade and build the deck around the tub to suit. These units are self contained and they are filled and drained with a garden hose, so therefore there are no potential problems with piping, etc. from shifting of the tub. If it did move around too much, the only problem would be the
- 16/02/2018 · Rent a truck large enough to hold the hot tub. You’ll need a truck if you’re moving the tub to a location other than elsewhere in your home. Measure your hot tub…